I am at that point that I could switch, even if I have to give up some
of the software that I prefer, since I have retired and do not
absolutely have to have certain Windows only software that I used to
require in my business.

Years ago I had a Linux dual boot and managed to correct my MBR and did
not know what to do to get back to Windows, however, now I think I can
repair that if it happens again so that would be an alternative.

Are there any hams who have recently completely switched over to Linux?

If so, can you comment on the pros and cons of your experience?

Are there any good discussion groups that cover this topic?

Has anyone had any success yet with the XP version of Win4Lin and
running the serial ports? This seems to be the only stumbling block.