I have not ever contacted anyone at FCC although I have contacted ARRL
staff for help on such things. Perhaps one could contact Bill Cross, but
it would be best if they have a clarification that is released for
public knowledge rather than to one individual or a small group.

Having said that, I personally have read the rules many, many times, and
parts are very clear. The ones that I felt were what reasonable people
would understand. It was Bonnie who disagreed.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing, as long as you then explain why you
disagree. She has not been able to do that. This seems to be her modus
operandi based on previous interactions. And the reason is that she
really can not refute the current rules.