In RTTY mode, WinWarbler can run a soundcard RTTY engine (MMTTY) in
parallel with an external RTTY modem like your AEA232MBX, a KAM, an
MFJ RTTY modem, or an SCS multimode controller. This can be used in
two useful ways:

1. to provide diversity decoding, which can improve your copy of RTTY
DX in poor conditions

2. to simultaneously copy a RTTY DX station operating split and his
or her pileup, accelerating detection of the DX station's QSX
frequency

    73,

       Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "AD5VJ  Bob" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have had an AEA 232MBX, in fact two of them, for quite some time
now.

> I used to use them all the time for RTTY and packet, but I am
wondering if these units no longer any good for Ham Radio, because of
> the advent of Computers, the Digital Software for RTTY and Telnet
for spotting and the passing away of PACTOR I.

> I know I can get upgrades for them for soundcard, ect. But is there
any use in doing that since I run soundcard applications from
> the computer. Are they of more advantage than the sound card on my
computer or would I be wasting my time, money and effort?

> Can someone tell me if these are good for *anything* viable these
days or is it true that they are just dinosaurs now?

> I cant understand how they are still being sold at such high prices
new, if they are of no use, I just don't know what to use them