> de Roger W6VZV wrote
> I rarely hear any digital signals on 40M much
> below 7.065.  The bulk of keyboard digital activity seems
> to take place from about 7.069-7.075 or so.

Hi Roger,

Possibly you are mainly interested in local (lower 48 states) QSOs?
You are missing a lot of DX by confining yourself to the USA domestic
segment.

Try calling CQ on PSK31 sometime around 7026kHz. You may be pleasantly
surprised! When I'm operating at my California QTH, I can work Asia
almost any night on 7025kHz - 7028kHz with PSK31 and various MFSK
digi. All the euro stations I've worked digi keyboarding on 40 have
been below 7045kHz. Many of the South Americans also.

Bonnie VR2/KQ6XA