Because the lower 25 KC are Extra class band only, and the rest of the
licensees can only use above 7025 and above for CW, and most of the cw dx is
in the lower portion.  Those that cant get there, get near.  I guess, Brad.
I would query why the DX goes that low for PSK, as if they dont know about
the US sub bands.  If they dont call in the sub-bands we can use, then they
are not going to work us DX.  (speaking for the other classes of course).

It all comes back to what I have been trying to say for decades.  We need
WORLDWIDE subbands that agree with each other, so these types of things dont
happen.  We can be hard-headed and not work each other, or we can be
agreeable and cuase much less interference.

I am sure someone will come back and say that the subbands are a US made
problem, but it is still a problem, and frankly, the majority of active hams
on the dx bands, are Americans, and the subbands are an attempt at
controlling modes and frequencies so all of us will have SOMEPLACE to go.

Danny Douglas N7DC
ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA
SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB all
DX 2-6 years each