That is one of the reasons I dont get into Linux.  I watched others,
stressed out at school, trying to get systems operational and smoothed out.
We need things to work at college, not there to be fiddled with, because
students have only a certain amount of time to use systems, and expect them
to work - especially in an educational atmosphere.  Yes - Windows has its
problems too, but once we find a solution with one, the rest pretty much
fall into place too.  The other thing has been mentioned - the availability
of user programs.  If it is written to do, it is written for windows, and
once in a while they follow up with a Linux program - but not too often.
Students expect us to always have the newest and bestest, since they are
going onward to jobs, which will need those skills.  Thus, we do have Linux
available, but (maybe) not suprisingly, the majority do not  take the
classes.  Thus also went our Macs.  Just not enough of them wanted to learn
Apple.

Danny Douglas N7DC
ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA
SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB all