Simon,
I want to thank you again for your plan to make your new software open
source.

A problem with some ham software is that it becomes abandoned for one
reason or another, and either gradually bitrots (this "finding the old
library" problem) or suddenly stops workiing, and the original developer
can't or won't maintain it.

By making your software open source, you are helping not only yourself
(though I am not questions your staunch commitment!), but also setting
an example for other ham authors to do the same, to the benefit of us
all.