> My main criticism of Linux is that is has horrific fonts that are not
> comparable to Windows fonts and the Linux folks try and make believe
> that this is not a problem when it is a really serious problem for any
> demonstrations with a Live disk, etc. to people who use computers for
> practical work requiring high quality font display.

Have you looked at the newest release from Puppy,
v 2.13?  They made some significant improvements
to the fonts.

Also, for those who want plug-and-play there are a
few Linux distros that will boot and run from a CD
without touching one's HDD.

Puppy will also boot from a floppy then run on a
USB memory stick or CD and I thing a SD card and
may even boot directly from a USB stick.

My goal is to get Puppy to boot from a USB stick
with some Ham and other apps on the stick -- it
is already being done in corporate, small business,
home and hobby venues so I know it can be done.

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
Projects: http://ham-macguyver.bibleseven.com