----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Bernstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I suspect what Simon means is that the UI portion of his application
> contains code whose copyright is held by individuals other than him,
> thereby precluding release to open source without the holder's
> approval.

Spot on. I use a commercial library from Codejock - www.codejock.com - this
cannot be distributed. I also use other commercial libraries with similar
restrictions. I can only ship the runtime libraries or link the code into my
executable.

Another reason for not making the UI code OpenSource is that we end up with
a myriad of product variants, also I then get bombarded with questions about
porting to Linux / MacOS, how do I compile etc.

Simon Brown
---
www.sysgem.com