Peter,

I just bought the TS-2000 and my neighbor obtained an SDR-1000 recently.  I
think for purely cutting edge features, the SDR-1000 would be the rig that
would give you "more".  I decided not to buy it because I would have likely
needed a further investment of $1000 to upgrade to a professional sound card
and a PC with enough RAM and CPU power.  Software support for the SDR-1000
in digital modes is growing but there are still some that lack the full
support you usually see for other rigs.  In the SDR-1000 forum I saw a post
that suggested that one should view the SDR-1000 as a "work in progress", an
evolving experiment.  That was a year old post and I think it has evolved
quite well in the past year.

Andy K3UK

On 2/12/07, DuBose Walt Civ AETC CONS/LGCA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>