Andy,

The main advantage with FSK is that you have the ability (with some
rigs) to use certain filtering specific to RTTY. My ICOM rig has
superior filters that are double humped and shaped for the 170 tones. I
can not use them on AFSK, but due to the requirement of needing another
COM port and another interface for FSK switching, I have never set it up
due to the ease of just using AFSK. I also rarely use RTTY and consider
it obsolete for my purposes since it is mostly used for contesting these
days.

With FSK, there is no setting up of the drive levels from the sound card
since you are basically switching the frequencies from inside the rig.