From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of kv9u
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 10:53 AM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] "legal Mode" guidelines

If you look at the background of the ARRL direction, such as:

http://home.satx.rr.com/wdubose/hsmm/hsmm-webpage.html

It does not seem to me that much of this has come to the point of not
requiring further study and experimentation. Where are the results
published since the 2001 inception?

What HSMM networking protocols and systems were developed from the
vision?

When you do a search for related information you get things like:

http://www.qsl.net/n3der/ARRL/New/index.html

Which point to web pages such as:

http://www.qsl.net/n3der/ARRL/New/archives.html

which don't even have anything archived.

What happened to the HSMM OFDM Modem"?

http://www.conmicro.cx/~jmaynard/arrlhsmm.pdf

Many of the comments I made earlier were based on the comments made by
you on:

http://www.arrl.org/announce/reports-0307/hsmm.html

So I think that I have been very fair and hopefully understanding the
politics on this issue, since it was you who openly expressed this
dissatisfaction. One would think that Paul would have been working
closely with HSMM from the inception but maybe I do not understand his
position as CTO?

I don't seem much related to HF though. In 2003, Neil, K8IT was to lead
the HSMM-HF project. I don't really recognize this call. What was this
project all about and what developed from the work?

What about the HSMM WG Linux Infrastructure? Did anything ever happen
with that?

73,

KV9U

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM