I used to wonder about this, but I think that much of this is related to
the nature of the mode. One of the main reasons that CW and digital tend
to have fewer disagreements is that it is not as easy to have the
quicker back and forth ability you have on voice modes. You also don't
get the cues of the other persons voice timbre and nuances.

What is a strong viewpoint to some is "normal" to others, and we see
that on any internet group as well. Only it can be even worse, because
even though the slower speeds on radio do allow for faster back and
forth exchanges. I had that last night with a ham who was very
frustrated with 141A in Multipsk because we could not connect in FAE. I
was surprised how angry he got in a matter of minutes of frustration.

With analog voice, you can talk back and forth many times faster than
you can on keyboard or CW modes and you accelerate interaction. Most
people are probably similar to my speed of around 40 wpm or so for
keyboarding which is a fraction of the speed of talking. Also, most CW
and digital contacts tend to be more superficial and short.

And another thing about digital is that you can not have several
stations transmitting on the same station at the same time like you can
with analog voice and CW. So you don't get the snide comments from
others like you will get on voice and even CW. I was listening to the
tests the other day from the hams using WinDRM and it was similar to AM
phone with the longer transmissions of a roundtable discussion. Of
course with weaker stations, you get nothing:(