Dave,

In the ARRL's defense, when they looked at WinLink at their Board Meeting,
there
was nothing else on the technology front that could do what WinLink was doing.
And until PSKMail came out, there WAS NOTHING to equal WinLink.

So if everyone "hates" WinLink, why don't we see hundreds of PSKMail servers on
line in the U.S. confronting WinLink?

And spare me the "well its not MS" because one could just as well have written
PSKMail type applications for MS.  Rein just felt comfortable in using Linux.
And if MS can't support an applications such as PSKMail, then use WinLink or
change to Linux.

This is of course a hard line to sell and to agree with...but when it comes
down
to the bottom line, if you don't like a mode or applications, find another or
pay or beg someone to create/write the applications you want.  I didn't have to
beg Rein, PSKMail just fell out of the sky like a welcome rain on a parched
land.

The thing that I hope all of remember is that amateur radio is a past-time/
hobby/adversion but one of great capabilities and responsibility.  We each need
to do what we are capable of doing to afford the greater group the best of
capabilities.  In some cases it might be only a "well done" or "thanks".  But I
am sure that those who are doing the in the trenches work really appreciate
being told that they ARE appreciated.

And thanks for your effort in amateur radio.

73,

Walt/K5YFW