--- rhettduke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've been reading about psk31 for almost a year
> now.....finally got on
> the air last week and am having so much fun. I have
> limited my
> operation to the 20m band.....tuning my rig to
> 14069.5 USB as
> specified in the digipan set up guide....and am
> working between 14070
> and 14072.5.....can some one point me to a CURRENT
> Band Plan chart for
> PSK31 in the USA.....I have just been overloaded
> with info on the
> net....some of the information is dated.....I'm also
> curious how
> "wide" the PSK31 operation is above the posted
> frequencys at this
> time......
>
> thanks
>
> KI4OVO

There seems to be an up to date chart here.

http://www.mostgraveconcern.com/ke7hlr/hfbands/HFBandPlan.pdf

If you notice the psk31 for 20 meters is 14.070.  The
actual frequencies in use will start around there.  If
you set your transmitter for 14.070 usb, the low
frequency response of your rig will not let you see
(hear) the first few hundred hz of the normal starting
point.  That is the reason it is recommended to set
your dial to about 500 hz low.  Don't worry about the
exect setting of the dial.  The audio passband is only
about 2 khz wide and you may have to tune up in
increments of one or two khz to get all the stations.
I usually set the dial in increments of 1 khz and just
look for the stations with the waterfall display.
Don't even care what frequency they are really on.
Just be sure to stay in the band you are licened for.

The users will normally be close to .o70 but will go
up as far as needed, but usually not much over 5 khz
unless there may be a contest on.  Same with the other
bands.  Most will stay within the first 3 khz, but may
go up more.