Thanks for the suggestions. I will double check with the other ham on
the sound card calibration. We had to do this a while back as we were
having difficulty with MFSK16 which requires even more accuracy I think
I read in the help files, 4 Hz!

On thing that would help us is some kind of measurement to tell us when
we are locked on the phase/frequency OK, similar to the way the earlier
programs displayed the graphic phase meter on screen when we operated
PSK31.

By the way, once you do the calibration, is there any way to know that
it was done, other than it indicating the offset that it detected?
For example, my sound card shows still shows 11101 and 76 Hz offset and
does not vary much from that when I run the test each time.

On other thing. Has anyone running ICOM"s with the CI-V had any problem
with the rig not turning off transmit sometimes? This seems to happen
with my 756 Pro 2 every so often.