Leigh,

It seems to me that there is still a catch, and is the need, specially
for "lazy people" (read it both as lazy and easy to annoy) to store
permanent parameters somewhere, so between reboots (easy to happen in
emergency environments at the worst moments) the station does not lose
its identity and configuration to match its hardware confifguration.

It would be convenient to be able to save paramneters on a floppy, flash
drive or a folder on a hard drive.

I have not been persistent enough to get on the air with PSKmail myself
yet, even when gmfsk and fldigi work well here with the PSKmail +
Mandriva Live CD.

73,

Jose, CO2JA

---

Leigh L Klotz, Jr. wrote:

> 1. Stick CD into computer
> 2. Reboot
>
> How much simpler can it get?

> On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 4:19 pm, Rick wrote:
>> I try to keep in mind that when I am looking at new technology
>> solutions
>> that can be used for emergency communications, it has to be as simple
>> as
>> possible and is used by many others so that we can interoperate.

Participe en Universidad 2008.
11 al 15 de febrero del 2008.
Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.universidad2008.cu