The key is that you need a CD which is 'unfinished'. I have not tried this,
but you could take a look at the puppy linux wiki. They claim you can even
save on the CD you boot from, provided it is unfinished.

Rein PA0R

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com

Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Page at
http://www.obriensweb.com/drsked/drsked.php

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: