Not sure what mode "the mode" is but should it not be for
all modes?

Case in point - the other evening I was in QSO with a ham in
Dallas Texas keyboard to keyboard Pactor 3 on 7077.4 LSB
when N4CE started calling CQ on HELL (for half an hour) .
He was so strong here in the mid west that we last the link.
I feel sure that he had no clue whatsoever who or even that
it was a KB to KB QSO.

My point being it's just not "only" Pactor stations. In fact
last week I have see more ALE stations and JT65A then
anything else blasting away on a freq already in use.

John, W0JAB