Hi Dave,

Basically your intent is to de-couple that antenna from the feed line
for consistent performance, as such for a resonant dipole feed you
can use a 1:1 balun, you internal antenna tuner will work much better.

A 4:1 balun for a resonant dipole will yield a higher VSWR at the
point of resonance using 50 ohm coax.

A 6:1 balun would be proper for going from 50 ohm unbalanced coax to
300 ohm twin lead to your dipole or from 50 ohm coax to a full wave
loop antenna.

If you wanted to make a multi-band doublet for 80m through 10m, then
use a 9:1 balun with a short run of coax to the balun and 450 ohm
ladder line to the dipole cut for the bottom of 80m. More than likely
your antenna tuner will handle it well on 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10m due
to the harmonic relationships with 80m, the same should be true of
the WARC bands if its mounted in the clear, however use far outside
the Amateur Bands for CAP, MARS etc. may challenge the ATU in your
radio as it has a limited tuning range.

/s/ Steve, N2CKH