From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Ralph Mowery
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 1:20 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: Current balun

--- Phil Wells <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com,
> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Dave wrote:
> > > I understand the basics of using a balun, but
> have a question
> about the specifics.
>
> > Sorry to have to ask this Dave, but if you
> understand the basics,
> why don't you know the difference between a 6:1 and
> a 4:1 transformer
> ratio?
>
> WOW! What a nice, friendly forum this is! Makes a
> person want to post
> questions and learn (but be careful how you WORD
> those questions...
> hoo boy)
>
> Phil Wells
> AF6AV

Yes, questions need to be worded carefully. I sent
about the same type answer back. It was not met to be
mean to the poster, but don't state you know more than
you do so we can keep the posting back to you on a
level you can understand.

He wanted to use a balun for a dipole which is usually
a 1:1 for a simple dipole and was asking about 4:1 and
6:1 baluns for some reason.

A beter wording may have been , I know a balun is for
balanced to unbalanced lines, what or when is a
current or voltage balune used and what is the
differance in the 4:1 and 6:1 baluns?

Really just give the situation you have and ask for
recommendations may have been beter.