  From: John Bradley
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 6:21 PM
  Subject: [multipsk] Remote Access Desktop, and remote digital operation

   I have been fooling around with Windows XP remote access desktop, and found
that I can readily access a desktop on any computer , wired or wireless,
connected to my router.

  Further, I found that if  I was signed in on the ham computer , and MultiPSK
or MixW was running already, I could change modes etc and actually do a digital
QSO from a remote computer. I also had the Kenwood rig control software
running, so could change frequencies, power, etc etc .

  Since Digital doesn't need any audio feed to the remote, or microphone feed,
it really lends itself to remote operations.

  Trying this from the internet though did not permit accessing  the computer..
according to XP documentation it's possible but didn't work for me. It looks
like we need a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to do this?

  Possible  applications include remote control of a Station located in an EOC,
and enabling folks like Patrick

  To access a station in North America to try the software personally. I'm not
sure of the US laws, but know that

  Patrick could run a station here remotely, signing himself F6CTE/VE5 , since
there is a reciprocal agreement between Canada and France

  Any bright ideas on how we can do this ?

  John

  VE5MU