At 12:35 AM 1/01/2008, Rick wrote:

>Hi Jack,
>
>In the later part of the message I mentioned that with the last station,
>we tried another mode and I suggested DEX 4 (Domino EX 4 baud) which we
>went to as a comparison. It is quite slow compared to the speed of FAE
>400 but it performed moderately well but with some hits on my end. The
>other station was copying me 100%.
<snip>

Sorry Rick, my bad! I have tried DominoEx 11 baud with ZL1BPU between
NZ & VK and it worked very well, amongst the noise on 80m. Whilst I
was using a Tigertronics SignaLink USB, I sometimes wonder just how
much the soundcard modes performance can vary, dependent on the brand
of the soundcard,  itself.
Must admit, I have never used a PC's internal card, on soundcard modes.

73s

Jack VK4JRC