> I noticed that there are images that are sent with an RS 1
> through 4 and then I think it converts them to jpg?

The RSx files are additionally encoded. I dont remember the exact numbers
but i think it allows 10% errors on rs1, 50% errors on rs4. You can
actually decode an rs4 file when 50% of it is missing. I think easypal
will do that automatically for you.

There is an offline decoder the RS files, see KB4YZ site. BUT the
efficiency of the offline decoder is only half as good as the easypal
decoder because some info is missing in offline state.

You will be able to rebuild an RS4 file with 25% missing offline, but 50%
missing online (online is close to turbo-code performance !).