Hi Simon and thanks to all for the replys from everyone else.

Simon I already have 3 other computers running XP(and my main ham
computer is using HRD a Great Program), and hear all the good things
about Linux/Ubuntu, so I thought I would try a different one on my
laptop.

As far as XP license key, I still have the recovery disk for the
laptop.

Now as anyone installed Ubuntu or Linux on a flash drive, and used
it that way on another system. I have a 1gig flash drive and thought
if I could install it there, I could pop it in/out when I wanted to
and still leave XP on the machine. Is it possible?

73
Kurt

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Why change? Myself I would add some more RAM if possible and just
use it
> as-is. The only other OS I would use is Windows 2000. Linux is
another
> option, you may not find all the software you need though. For
Linux I find