In the same boat here...

Finally getting my MRI on next Tuesday 08:30 and then hopefully soon
after... a Solution to my Pain. In my case the Siatic Nerve is
pinched or inflammed, making it very painful to use my left leg.

Colleges at work call me "hoppalong" and really good friends call
me "hopp"

anyway, 73 to both of you
and get better soon
Steve "Hopp" hi  W1CDX

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Andy,
>
> I greatly sympathize with your medical problem as this is one of
the
> reasons I retired early with severe arthritis and nerves being
crushed,
> particularly from the C5 vertebrae. I finally had an MRI and the
> situation is pretty bad. Three years ago I did not want to live.
The
> pain was so bad throughout my shoulder and right down my arm to my
thumb
> and the two fingers closest to the thumb and all the muscles in
between.
> It is like having a toothache in your muscles.
>
> I don't know if it is the same situation in your case, but I got
very
> little help from physical therapy. Luckily, I had deep tissue
massage
> therapy from a friend who had gone back to school in later life and
> changed careers and he is exceptionally gifted and has been able to
> control most of the pain. I am treated every two weeks and
eventually
> will need surgery, but am putting this off as long as I can. The
surgery
> is getting to be very common. They cut into your throat to get to
the
> back side of the spine and insert rings around the collapsing
vertebrae.
> I found out that a number of people I know have had this done
including
> a distant cousin who had the same problem on the left side like I
have.
> But the pain is so horrible and so unrelenting, that if you are not
> getting relief, I can well understand what you are going through.
>
> I bring this up to the group, because I suspect that with such a
large
> group, there are others who have the same problem or similar muscle
pain
> from vertebral disk problems. A good example is my wife's situation
due
> to additional problems from injury on her lower back. She was able
> get relief from the same massage therapist for unbelievable pain
and
> ironically, numbness, from sciatica that just would not go away.
Perhaps