From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dave 'Doc' Corio
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 2:20 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: Microphone putting audio into PSK
transmissions

    Well, my plan is to use two 8-pin mic jacks on a small enclosure, with
an 8-wire line out to the mic input of the 746. A rotary wafer switch with 8
poles and three positions should allow me to switch between the hand-held
mic, the headset mic, or a blank position coresponding to "no mic". When I'm
going to run digital modes, I'd simply select the "no mic" position so that
room audio doesn't get transmitted. In either of the other two positions,
for SSB operation, all pins would be active on the selected mic, and PTT,
audio, and controls should be functional. I don't see that as being sloppy
at all.

Tnx es 73
Dave KB3MOW