Hello Rick,

RR for all.

> developing a similar sound card protocol for emergency use. It does not
I've never been implicated in emergency use and I don't know what are the
needs.
For example, what is the net absolute throughput required in bits/sec?

Examples:
* Pactor 2 in the most robust scheme: Total bit rate: 200 bits/s,  net
absolute: 100 bits/sec
* ARQ FAE in ALE400: Total bit rate: 150 bits/s,  net absolute: 75 bits/sec.
For 63 characters length message, the use speed (compressed)  is 87 wpm.

* Pactor 2 in the worst robust scheme: Total bit rate: 800 bits/s,  net
absolute: 700 bits/sec

For files exchange, even  700 bits/sec is not sufficient, so I suppose that it
is only exchanged texts or mails?

> If a similar medium bandwidth (500 Hz) 2 tone PSK mode was invented for
> sound cards, using the tone swapping approach of P2, it would increase
This scheme does not give a very good minimum S/N (perhaps -7 or -8 dB).

About the minimum S/N of Pactor 2, do you know the exact figure? (I don't speak
of the SCS figure)

73
Patrick