Hello Tony,

>The sound card was already calibrated, but the offsets were not locked.
>Locking them seems to have made a difference. I repeated the
Yes the locking of the sampling frequency, at least, must be done to compare.
Note: I did this complex automatic shift sampling determination because MT63
has a problem which is inherent to the exagerated number of carriers (64). The
more you have carriers the more the calibration must be precise. MT63 was done
for almost perfect sound cards (Sound Blaster or equivalent). For the on-board
sound cards, there is a problem due to the poor sampling accuracy of these
cards, so you can't be sure that the other Ham has a well-calibrated sound
card. It's the reason why I propose an automatic sampling autodetermination, by
default, working only with good signals (as you saw in the previous tests). I
think, aside to the poor average power/peak power ratio (about 0.1), this
problem of calibration is an issue which limits the use of MT63 (Hams, in
general, use their on-board sound card installed in their PC).

>have. Minimum SNR (errorr-free throughput) is -8db for IZ8BLY and -6db for
>Mutlipsk.
-6dB for Multipsk seems correct for 10 bauds (I measure -5dB for 10 bauds). I
agree that Nino's program has a better decoding program.

TKS for all your interesting tests!

73
Patrick