Hello, Doug.

I have to keep stealth dipoles up as well, and I find that two regular
Slinkies, with a 1:1 current balun in the middle on the ceiling of my
second-floor shack tune up very well on 40, 30, 20 and 10 meters.  I'm
sure I'm just warming the clouds, but have made contacts on PSK31 over
1,300 miles away.

I use little plastic clips that attach to my wall with 3M Command
strips.  These are white strips that hold things on the wall, and you
can take them off without hurting the paint.  I paid $6 for the
Slinkies, about $25 for the balun and $6 for the clips.  I got the clips
at Target, look for the ones designed to hang Christmas lights.

With four slinkies and some room I can talk 600 miles on 80m.  Forget
trying to communicate with anyone close....

Good luck, and don't let the need for stealth get in the way of fun!

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "doug_helbling" <doug_helbl...@...>
wrote:

> Greetings, all.
>
> I'm a rather new ham and very recent General class licensee who is
very