Is it possible that one of the needed features to use RSID would be that
it could be easily turned on and off for transmitting as it is for
receiving? Otherwise you have to go in to several layers of menus to
turn it off once you make the contact. If it stays on, it takes time at
the beginning of each transmission to send the RSID data burst and I
doubt that many would want that overhead.