This is an ideal opportunity to install Linux and give it a go, it's support for older hardware is quite good, it's improving every day, and has plenty of ham radio software available including software I control my rig with. (FT-817)

I'd suggest Ubuntu as a good start, it's simple and the easiest to move from windows.

www.ubuntu.com <http://www.ubuntu.com>

Dennis Smith
M1DLG

Dave wrote:
Does anyone have a key for Windows 98 from an UNUSED installation?

My old laptop came with Win98, and thought I would resurrect it for use on
digital modes. I have the original restoration CDs, but apparently have lost
the paperwork with the key.

This is NOT a request to pirate the OS! I have the original disk, and if
someone still has a key left over from a Win98 installation that is no longer
used, I will be happy to give it a good home.

Tried upgrading the laptop to WinXP, but it's too slow for it to work. Reinstalled Win98,
but stuck at the "Enter Key" screen.

Tnx es 73
Dave
KB3MOW

Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Pages at
http://www.obriensweb.com/sked

Recommended digital mode software:  Winwarbler, FLDIGI, DM780, or Multipsk
Logging Software:  DXKeeper or Ham Radio Deluxe.