You could use an external device as others have suggested. I don't
generally recommend the SignaLink USB due to the low frequency noise
problem, however many hams either ignore it or are not aware of it.
Further, after some considerable denial on the part of Tigertronics,
they may have corrected this in later versions, but I can not yet
confirm that.

On the other hand, I do recommend the SignaLink USB for the simplest
possible portable unit such as might be used for public
service/emergency communications and you don't want to be concerned
about COM ports or USB to COM adapters. Just plug in the USB to the
computer and plug in a rig specific cable and you can operate.

My personal lowest cost solution is to use an add on 24 bit sound card
that connects to a hard keying PTT optoisolator interface. If you are
handy at simple kit building, I can heartily recommend the Unified
Microsystems SCI-6 Interface at only $25 plus about $5.50 US S&H. I have
almost all ICOM equipment, so I also use the West Mountain RigTalk USB
to CI-V interface for an elegant way to provide the rig control
interface connection. In order to do this you will need two COM ports or
two USB to COM adapters, but it gives you the flexibility of being able
to key the rig even from software that does not provide rig PTT keying
via rig control.

As mentioned elsewhere, the ARRL had tested several sound cards, however
as I recall they found that for digital modes, of the ones they tested,
all worked equally well. (They did not test the SignaLink USB, however).
They did find that a very high quality card is needed if you are using
it for interfacing with DSP systems such as Flex Radio.