Tiny circuit work isn't a problem. Do you have a link to that
modification?

It's sort of amazing that $7.50 will get a working external sound card
but obviously you've tried this and found it to work.

I actually had a couple of other items to order from them as well.
Spreads out the shipping.

Tim, N9PUZ