All,

I don't know why anyone would call CQ with without using RSID, especially now
that it's available in so many programs. Why waste time trying to decipher what
mode is being sent when all it takes is a click of the mouse?

Simon's DM780 offers three RSID options; speak mode (voice tells you what mode
is being sent) hyperlink text (clicking the hyperlink switches to the correct
mode and frequency) and a popup window (mode and frequency in text form).

Patrick's Multipsk RX RSID will automatically change mode / frequency for you
and so does Fldigi. It doesn't get easier than that.

Setup....

Fldigi:

CONFIGURE / ID / TRANSMIT RSID / DETECT ENTIRE PASS BAND / SAVE. Click RSID
upper right-hand corner of main window to activate.

DM780 (V5 Beta):

TOOLS / PROGRAM OPTIONS / MODES+ID / RSID TAB / ENABLE RSID DETECTION. Choose
the RSID method; speak mode / hyperlink / popup window. All three will work
simultaneously.

Multipsk:

Click RX-RSID (for RSID detection) and RSID (transmits RSID) in main window.

I've tested RSID with the HF path simulator and it has greater sensitivity (by
as much as 10db) than the majority of digital modes being used. I hope it
catches on.

Tony -K2MO