'"I really think the fldigi 3.11.6 works much better. I keep both
versions installed in different directories."

This may be your problem. Fldigi configuration files of any version are
kept in fldigi.files. You cannot run but one version without
reinstalling another.

The standard for MT63 is to start at 500 Hz. Fldigi follows the accepted
standard. Anyone wishing to use fldigi and flarq together on MT63 will
have to follow the standard and only use MT63-1000 or MT63-2000 as other
versions have too much latency for flarq.

Winlink provides an ARQ alternative to NBEMS and so does Multipsk and
PSKmail. You can use either of those if fldigi or NBEMS do not do what
you need.

Skip KH6TY
NBEMS Development Team

--