theophilusofgenoa wrote:
> I would like to put in a few words in defense of the ARRL.

They deserve it, IMHO.  It turns out that W1AW has been looking for
alternative 80m cw frequencies for a while now.  We just did not
know about it.

> I do question why this frequency was used as the primary PSK31 frequncy.

In my opinion, the why isn't nearly as important as the fact that
we have a problem on the band nowadays.  The fixed frequency psk
kits have been built and cannot easily be changed to another
frequency.

Why is an interesting question to prevent future problems like
this, but we still need to find a solution for the current one.

--
All rights reversed.