For linux ham, I would recommend Linux Mint where you can install the o/s on
your computer and download and install ham apps easily. If you want to run
off a small O/S via cd or flash go with Puppy. Fldigi works good with
either...gud luck, Alan

--
Quote for the day: ".Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some
people appear bright until you hear them speak."

Alan Wilson
67 Bullseye Lane
Victor, MT 59875
http://montanaham.tripod.com