On Sunday 01 November 2009 04:13:17 Ian Wade G3NRW wrote:
> From: doug_helbling <doug_helbl...@yahoo.com>
> Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009   Time: 09:01:38
>
> >I use Ubuntu 8.04 here with fldigi and qsstv and it is very well
> >behaved.
>
> [Snip some very interesting stuff].
>
> [Re wine]:
>
> >This even includes the feature-rich Ham Radio DeLuxe and companion
> >DM780 from Simon Brown.
>
> Hi Doug,
>
> I have tried to get HRD working under wine, without success. Can you
> point me to anywhere that explains how to do it?

I have no idea on the other distros out there, but here on Ubuntu 9.04 I
just downloaded the latest HRD and loaded it with wine.

Getting some errors about 'out of memory' and it seems to stall a little, but
it seems to be working somewhat. I haven't tried any of the digital modes
or setup controlling my Icom yet. The Dxcluster connect to the Internet
works.

Just did this to see if I could load HRD, not to use it as my main logger or
digital interface. I have plenty of that installed already for Ubuntu.

All I did was download it to my desktop and then right clicked then down to
'Wine Windows program loader' and clicked. It loaded ok with a couple of issues
that I can't remember what it said. Other than that, it has loaded.

Wine seems to have grown up and gotten a better install and support with each
newer Ubuntu. I remember a year and half ago that I couldn't even get Wine to
run anything without crashing horribly.

I am only an end user that has some tinkering skills with linux...:) I am good
enough
to get things working on my own systems...:)

James W8ISS