From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:digitalra...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of obrienaj
Sent: Friday, December 25, 2009 1:04 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [digitalradio] Re: Need your help picking HF radio.

The TS2000 has lots of bang for the buck, HF, 2M, 6M, 70 cm, IF DSP. The
TS480 has been labeled by some here as the "best" radio for digital modes.
Icom746 Pro has good reviews. Icom 7000 also.

Features, I am no expert in this area, but ability to control or at least
turn off/on the AGC is important for digital modes. This helps reduce the
problems associated with strong nearby signals using digital modes. Ability
to easily dial in narrow filters while in USB (not just CW) also helps with
digital mode QRM.

Andy K3UK

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com <mailto:digitalradio%40yahoogroups.com>
, "kd7jeh" <kd7...@...> wrote:

> Merry Christmas to the Group,
>
> I am looking to buy another HF radio for PSK/digital. I am asking what
features I look for and why. Next question, what radio offers more bang for
the money and why?