On Fri, 2009-12-25 at 15:46 +0000, kd7jeh wrote:
> Merry Christmas to the Group,
>
> I am looking to buy another HF radio for PSK/digital.  I am asking
> what features I look for and why.  Next question, what radio offers
> more bang for the money and why?
>
> I would like to buy new but will consider a used one of older model
> not in current production.

Definitely consider one with a digital IF section. That gives you the
maximum filtering possibilities without buying a bunch of filters. It's
great when you can narrow your filter down to 50 hz and pick out a
single PSK-31 stream. An added bonus is if the rigs AGC is derived after
the digital filtering.

I know the IC-746pro can do this and I'm sure there are many more that
can, such as the IC-756proIII.

It's a huge feature for digital work.