I have used a couple of programs for generating cw and have found that I
prefer a 'direct' keyed method (MixW) compared to the AFCW that some programs
use (FlDigi). Running Linux BTW here.

Was wondering why some programs used direct keying of the radio and others
have gone the AFCW method? Is there something that I am missing here that
makes AFCW a better choice or is it just a program writer/designer choice?

Doing AFCW just doesn't 'sound' right to me when I am doing cw compared to
the 'old' method.

Are there any linux distroed programs that will do the direct keyed method? I
haven't found any yet..:( MixW crashes when I try to run it in WINE here.

James W8ISS