On Thursday 31 December 2009 11:11:45 Andy obrien wrote:
> Am I wrong in thinking that if one uses something like MixW to "direct"
> key a rig that has no internal keyer, that you also get some "odd results"
> ?  In the early days of Mixw I used direct keying with my TS440, not audio
> CW.  It worked but I would get comments from some that suggested my CW had
> an odd 'swishing" sound to it.  I do not get that direct keying the
> TS-2000.
>
> Andy K3UK

I used MixW this year for the first time at the Red Cross club station (W8PGW)
for the November Sweepstakes CW weekend. Did not receive anything from anyone
telling me anything like that. The stations that I know that we contacted
during the contest told me later that we had a very good clean signal. Was
using a Icom ic-730 and a Kenwood ts-430. Switched to the 730 because of the
better filtering that was in it.

I had asked this question because I want something that will decode and send
CW and I just don't feel comfortable and don't like the sound of the AFCW
that FLDigi and gMFSK do. I feel a WHOLE lot better direct keying and I am
not a regular CW user.

As for cwdaemon, I will have to look at the man pages and see what I can do
to get it to run here.

James W8ISS

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional