obrienaj wrote:
> John,
>
> I read with interest your web pages describing your vertical antenna.  Please
> keep us informed on how it does on digital mode DX.  I had to look twice at
> what I thought was a balun at first.

I realise that we will probably be off topic, but a 9:1 UnUn is often
used in random length wire antennas for frequencies under about 1MHz.

There are often various arguments for and against the 9:1 UnUn, some
people preferring the 4:1 version and others saying the 4:1 doesn't work
well for them.

A quick google for '9:1 UnUn' will give quite a number of sites with
designs and arguments about what type of earth connection/wire/antenna
to use it with.

Dave (G0DJA)