> Recently during a QSO a ham said the software I was using was not very
> sensitive.  I decided I needed to collect some data to make an informed
> decision about which software I should be using.  I ran several of the RTTY
> software packages through the AWGN function of PathSim and used RttyCompare
> to calculate the percentage of errors in the resulting text.  The data can
> be found at
> http://mysite.verizon.net/wz7i/RTTY.html

Thanks for sharing your interesting experiment.  It is somewhat puzzling
that you convert the 8KHz audio to 11025Hz and pipe it to the programs
via Virtual cable, which may involve another two conversions (e.g. to
44.1KHz and from that to whatever rate the program samples at, depending
on what VAC is emulating).

In the case of fldigi, the 8KHz audio file generated by pathsim can be
opened directly.  In fact it would be great if we could have copies of
your "RTTY+noise @ 8KHz" audio files as created by pathsim, or even just
the original file without the added noise.

Stelios, M0GLD.