Andy,

The issue for me has less to do with bandwidth than operating methodology. The
same problems exist independent of bandwidth; although wider bandwidth modes
certainly exasperate the situation. I agree that Winlink servers scanning
multiple frequencies is a poor use of limited frequency allocations. Regardless
of the mode and/or bandwidth, the issue appears to be that of transmitting on a
frequency already in use. While manual operators certainly do this, at least
the they have control over it; unlike bots with mode specific "busy detection"
or that feature disabled. I would certainly support a narrow bandwidth area
*within the existing automatic sub-bands* for automatic operations; but not if
it were allocated at the expense of non-automatic users.

73,

Bill N9DSJ