Richard, you're getting the right version.  The 3.7.7.1 string is an
artifact of how git describe searches backward for the latest annotated tag
in order to come up with a description.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 12:05 PM, Richard Bell <richard.be...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Unfortunately, I have to resurrect this thread. I'm still not able to get
> the version of gnuradio installed that allows me to use control ports. When
> I use the master/head branch, which is the default as Tom said when you
> clone the repo, after cmake completes, it tells me this:
>
> -- Building for version: v3.7.7.1-154-g7ee2f91d / 3.7.8git
>
> Is the 3.7.7.1-154-xxx what I keep seeing as the version in GRC, while the
> 3.7.8git is the version of the underlying source code? If so, is this what
> I should be installing to use control ports and if not, what should I be
> checking out before I compile the gnuradio source?
>
> Here is what happens when I run a flowgraph with a 'CtrlPort Performance
> Monitor' included:
>
> Using Volk machine: avx_64_mmx
> ControlPort Monitor running.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/rbell/Documents/tsv/production/bpsk/sbpsk_loopback.py", line
> 1057, in <module>
>     (tb.blocks_ctrlport_monitor_performance_0).start()
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/ctrlport/monitor.py", line
> 48, in start
>     print "monitor::endpoints() = %s" % (gr.rpcmanager_get().endpoints())
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'endpoints'
> ctrlport.monitor received shutdown signal
>
> Today I uninstalled gnuradio, searched my computer for anything gnuradio
> related and removed it (minus some custom blocks that i've created that I
> assume won't mess with an install) and reinstalled uhd and gnuradio from
> source. I am fairly certain I don't have a conflicting versions problem.
>
> v/r,
> Rich
>

> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 6:33 AM, Tom Rondeau <t...@trondeau.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 4:24 PM, Richard Bell <richard.be...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Tom I understand now. Everything is working again.
>>>
>>> One more question about the tags. When I install Master -> HEAD, the
>>> version in GRC (from help->about) is 3.7.7.1. Why is there a tag for
>>> version 3.7.8 in the repo, if its content is behind that of 3.7.7.1?
>>>
>>> Rich
>>>

>> Something is wrong there. It should read "3.7.8git-<some numbers>". You
>> possibly have two versions installed.
>>
>> Tom

Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Labs - SDR Training and Development Services
Intro to SDR Class - June 29-30, El Segundo, CA
http://corganlabs.com