I reinstalled Thrift and Gnu Radio and captured the cmake output, pasted
below:

-- Configuring gr-ctrlport support...
--   Dependency Boost_FOUND = 1
--   Dependency SWIG_FOUND = TRUE
--   Dependency SWIG_VERSION_CHECK = TRUE
--   Dependency ENABLE_GNURADIO_RUNTIME = ON
--   Enabling gr-ctrlport support.
--   Override with -DENABLE_GR_CTRLPORT=ON/OFF
-- Looking for C++ include sys/resource.h
-- Looking for C++ include sys/resource.h - found
-- checking for module 'thrift'
--   found thrift, version 0.9.2
--
-- Python checking for Thrift
-- Python checking for Thrift - found
-- Found THRIFT: /usr/lib/libthrift.so
-- Found and enabling Thrift backend to ControlPort
-- Running thrift to build C++ bindings
-- Looking for C++ include windows.h
-- Looking for C++ include windows.h - not found
-- TRY_SHM_VMCIRCBUF set to ON.
-- Looking for stdint.h
-- Looking for stdint.h - found
-- Looking for stddef.h
-- Looking for stddef.h - found
-- Check size of size_t
-- Check size of size_t - done
-- Check size of unsigned int
-- Check size of unsigned int - done
-- Check size of unsigned long
-- Check size of unsigned long - done
-- Check size of unsigned long long
-- Check size of unsigned long long - done
-- Performing Test HAVE_WNO_UNUSED_BUT_SET_VARIABLE
-- Performing Test HAVE_WNO_UNUSED_BUT_SET_VARIABLE - Success

I have now gotten passed the previous mentioned error, which means
progress. The newest issue is that I don't have networkx installed. I think
this should be added to the dependencies list.

Using Volk machine: avx_64_mmx
ControlPort Monitor running.
INFO: Apache Thrift: -h rbell -p 54906
monitor::endpoints() = -h rbell -p 54906
running: ['gr-perf-monitorx', 'rbell', '54906']
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/gr-perf-monitorx", line 24, in <module>
    import networkx as nx
ImportError: No module named networkx
ctrlport.monitor received shutdown signal
    calling stop on shutdown
    calling stop on shutdown

I installed python-networkx through ubuntu's package manager and am
rebuilding gnuradio now.

Rich