Hello Richard,
Some months ago we stumbled upon the same problem (see
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2015-07/msg00227.html).
Maybe our solution works for you, although a definite solution would be a
good idea (ours was based on simple trial-and-error given our null
knowledge on cmake). I've quickly checked the git repository of gnuradio
and I believe the problem is still there.
best
Federico