Thanks, I tried a very basic example and was trying to monitor data rate
using nethogs with a different sample rate.

At a signal sample rate of 9.6MSPS, nethogs sees about 59MB/s of data. I
wonder if that could be improved in anyway, or whether the sample rate of
an actual wired lan connection might be better?

I vaguely remember that the USB data transfer rate at 6.4MSPS was about
15MB/s.

--
Anish